While He Tarries Ministries
Who is the Holy Spirit
WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT?
In this article we will discuss the Holy Spirit and His part in the Trinity.
The Holy Spirit cannot honor a lie. So if we want the blessing of the Holy Spirit, clearly, we must make sure that our position conforms to
His truth is in the Scriptures.
The Holy Spirit speaks to man's spirit, not his flesh, and He reasons with men in their spirit according to the Word of God.
So with that, Let's see what the Word says!
The SPIRIT SPEAKS
THE SPIRIT WILLS
- Acts 8:29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
- Acts 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto
I have called them.
- 1 Corinthians 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
- John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth
from the Father, he shall testify of me:
- Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:
but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
- Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
- Acts 16:6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach
the word in Asia,
HE CAN BE BLASPHEMED
- Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers,
to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
HE CAN BE INSULTED AND GRIEVED
- Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy
against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
HE COMFORTS AND TEACHES
- Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
- Isaiah 63:10 But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
HE HAS INTELLECT AND UNDERSTANDING
- John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things,
and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
HE HAS A MIND
- 1 Corinthians 2:10-13
- 10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
- 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man,
but the Spirit of God.
- 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely
given to us of God.
- 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual
things with spiritual.
HE IS ETERNAL
- Romans 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints
according to the will of God.
HE IS ALL POWERFUL
- Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God,
purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
THE TRINITY: HINTED AT IN THE OLD TESTAMENT
- Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall
overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
- Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem,
and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
REVEALED IN SALUTATIONS
- Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and
over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
- Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand,
and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
- Genesis 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
REVEALED IN THE RESURRECTION
- 1 Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and
sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
- 2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
- Acts 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.
- 1Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
- John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
- Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead
shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
- I John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.