While He Tarries Ministries
Have you been sold The American FABLE That Good People Go to Heaven?
Do you want to be sure you are going to heaven?
Read this information to find out how!
Your eternal destiny may depend on it!
No one automatically goes to Heaven!
Being good won't do it! Shocking?
Then read the rest of the vital information below!
Background : When Adam yielded to temptation in the Garden of Eden, he sinned and was no longer able to have direct contact with God.
- Romans 3.23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
- See also Romans 3:10, Gen. 2:17 & Romans 5:12.
Because of this heritage of rebellion and self-will given to us by Adam, man inherited this sinful nature.
Also, we have ALL broken the 10 Commandments. Breaking even ONE commandment separates us from God and defines us as sinful in God's eyes.
A little white lie is a sin. Even looking on a woman lustfully is a sin!
This is double trouble: Our sin-heritage and our personal sins!
Man has tried many ways to do this: by good works, by being good, by philosophy, by going to church, by being religious, by doing penance, by saying prayers
, by comparing themselves to others, etc. -- all to no avail -- because it does not agree with the Bible! Read & study your Bible!
- Romans 6.23 "For the wages of sin is death.." (Separation from God forever)
- Romans 5.18 "...by the offense of one (Adam) judgment came upon all men to condemnation..." We are all condemned to hell in the lake of fire (Rev. 20:12-15).
HOW, then, does man get right with God ??
Step 1. Recognize that we are sinners.
This usually happens when we hear a preacher or read the Bible. You must admit to yourself that you are a sinner destined for hell,
not being acceptable to God the way that you are.
The price of sin is death. The first step is physical death as a result of sin. The second step is spiritual death, separation from God for
all eternity. Understand that these are your wages of sin and that you deserve them.
- Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
We have all sinned and were born with a sin heritage. As the Holy Spirit convicts you of your sins and sinful ways, admit that you are a sinner.
- Romans 6:23a, "...The wages of sin is death..."
We can only come to God when the Holy Spirit is drawing us [John 6:44]. If God is convicting you of your sins, it is not too late to be saved.
Admit you are a sinner and go to the next step.
Step 2. Repent
Part of repentance is to give up trying to justify yourself to God and admit to God that you are a sinner and need to change.
Come to God humbly and ask Him to forgive you for your sins and for trying to be acceptable to Him on your own. Now go to the next step.
- Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God
leadeth thee to repentance?
- Matthew 9:13 "...for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." See also 1 Tim. 1:15 & Acts 3:19.
- Acts 20:21 "testifying ...Repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ." (Also 2 Cor. 7:9-10)
Step 3. Believe in Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of God (Matthew 2:15; 3:17).
The Bible says that Jesus rose from the dead:
- Mark 1: 15 "...repent ye, and believe the gospel."
- Romans 6:23b, "...But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
- Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel,
which being interpreted is, God with us." Jesus is God in the flesh.
- John 14:6 "Jesus saith to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
- Acts 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
The Bible says that He offered himself as a blood sacrifice for you:
- Hebrews 10:12 "But this man (Jesus), after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever (himself), sat down on the
right hand of God..."
See also Hebrew 9:12 and 9:22.
He did this because we could not meet God's requirements of perfection and justice.
Jesus came to earth for the sole purpose to meet God's standard as a sacrifice for us, a perfect, unblemished sacrifice. He met that requirement
and shed His blood on the Cross at Calvary for us. He did it for all those who would come to Him for salvation. It is not automatic.
Believe in Jesus, the Son of God as the Holy Spirit reveals this to you. Go to the next step.
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-6 "Christ died for our sins...He was buried...He rose again the third day..."
- Hebrews 3:15 "...Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts..."
Recognize that God does love us.
- Romans 5:8, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."
Step 4: Receive Jesus as your Savior.
Draw near to God yourself [step 1] for repentance [step 2], and turn to Jesus Christ in faith (trust) as your only provision for your salvation [step 3],
and believe in your heart [step 4], and the Holy Spirit will make you a new creation with eternal life.
- John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
- John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God
abideth on him.
- John 11:25 Jesus said unto her [you], I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
- John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
You are saved by believing but could pray the following prayer or one similar as a marker on when you were saved:
Your goal now is to OBEY God daily (Lk 5:32; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 4.12; and 26:20.
Father God, I humble myself before you and admit I am a sinner not acceptable in your sight. I ask you to forgive me of my sins and for trying to
be acceptable to you on my own.
I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God and was raised from the dead and is now at the right hand of the Father. I believe that the
shed blood of Jesus on the cross met the requirement for me to be saved. I now believe in and receive Jesus Christ as my Savior.
I put my trust in the shed blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth alone for my salvation and eternal life. I ask you to change me and make me the person
you want me to be. In Jesus' Name, Amen
Your first step of obedience is to be get baptized by immersion. - Mark 16:16; Gal. 3:27.
Go by the Bible and not by feelings!-2 Tim. 3:16 Read your Bible daily-Psalm 119:105.
(Start at John and 1 John in the New Testament)
WHAT ABOUT OUR VICES, HABITS AND SINS???
Obey God as He talks to you in the Bible-1 Jn 3:3
Talk to God each day in prayer-Rom. 12:12
Ask forgiveness/repent of daily sins -- 1 Jn. 1:9
Get into a real Bible believing church.
Get the Power of the Holy Spirit - Acts 1:8; 2:4; 2:38
Don't be surprised that your sinful habits are still there after you got saved. You can't really overcome these vices, habits, and sins until after
you get saved anyway.
When you have true salvation, you become a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17) and your spirit is made alive.
You now have the power to overcome sin. You are no longer a slave to sin (Rom. 6:7-8; 8:12), but you still have the flesh and temptation to control.
You have to cooperate with the Holy Spirit and let Him take these sinful desires away & change you on the inside.
You do the resisting and fleeing from sin and the Holy Spirit will do the changing of your desires if you ask Him.
Let the Holy Spirit guide you on which sin to work on each day. Pray the type of prayer below over that sin until the Holy Spirit has changed you.
Then work on another one.
DAILY DEDICATION PRAYER:
Copyright 2007-17 © While He Tarries Ministries. See http://www.WhileHeTarries.com for prayer requests, and for articles on understanding
the Bible correctly.
I choose to repent of my sins, and to resist and flee them. In place of them I ask you Lord Jesus to change my feelings and free me to follow your
desires. In all this, not my will, but Thine be done. In Jesus' name, Amen.